Flip Video announces new version of FlipShare with social features and mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devicesTweet
Cisco’s Flip Video™, pioneer in the shoot and share video camera category, has announced new social and video sharing capabilities with the launch of its latest FlipShare™ software as well as FlipShare Mobile apps for iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® and Android™ devices.
The FlipShare software now has enhanced video sharing capabilities including FlipShare Groups, a new and social way for consumers to share video more securely with friends and family. After creating a FlipShare Group users and their friends can access their videos from FlipShare.com and through the FlipShare Mobile. FlipShare Groups offers a highly interactive experience allowing the user to comment, read and post messages on each other’s videos and Groups.
New Features for FlipShare:
- Create and manage FlipShare Groups
- Watch all your videos anywhere, anytime at FlipShare.com
- Comment on videos and read what others have posted in return
- Import contacts from your email address book
- Expanded greetings card library
- Enhanced video quality and performance for private email video sharing
Now also offering an easy solution to sharing video whilst on the move, the all new FlipShare Mobile apps, available at no cost, make it even simpler to share any mobile video or photo to Facebook™, YouTube™ and Twitter™ or directly to friends and family, with or without owning a Flip. The new apps are optimised to bring the signature FlipShare simplicity to other popular mobile devices.
Features for Mobile Apps:
- Available for the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Android – with or without owning a Flip video camera
- Share up to five mobile videos and/or photos at once to Facebook, YouTube or Twitter – or send directly to friends and family
- Post a comment, share, or “favourite” a video with the click of a button
- Built-in filters let users quickly navigate and organise their video library
- Compatible with iPhone 3G or higher, iPod touch 2nd generation or higher, iPad Requires iOS 4.0.0 or higher, and Android 1.6 or higher
- Available now iTunes Store now and Android Market
Peter Groom, UK & Ireland Region Manager for Flip Video at Cisco
Capturing precious moments is just the first step because as soon as you have the footage you want to share it with friends and family. We have always looked to provide the best user-experience to easily shoot, connect and share high quality video and the upgraded FlipShare software now makes it even easier for Flip owners.